I want to be my boss. I want a free life. I want to earn more. I want to work from home. If any of these sounds like you, maybe you have come to the right place. Long story short, be a freelancer.
Well, today we present you with the most effective way to earn without any prior experience, you already guessed, freelance digital marketing services!
Freelancers earned $1.2 trillion in 2020 and contributed to 5% of U.S. GDP, according to seeking alpha. Plenty of opportunities is showing up for digital marketers.
Let’s steal some money from business owners.
What Are Freelance Digital Marketing Services?
A freelance digital marketer promotes the product/service of business owners on contract. If you are not familiar with digital marketing yet, no worries, check our previous article about the types of digital marketing.
Today we will explore five freelance digital marketing jobs that you can do without having experience or educational background. Besides, as a freelance digital marketer, what might be your responsibilities and how you can earn from the following digital marketing services:
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Services
- SEM (Search Engine Marketing) Service
- Content Marketing
- Articles & Blog Posts Writing
- Email Marketing
- Email Campaign
- Email Copywriting
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
According to statista, the global digital video ads expenditure is expected to grow from 26.49 billion U.S. dollars in 2019 to 35.05 billion in 2024. If that’s the case only in video ads, what’s the shape of the digital marketing sector regarding income? You do the math.
How Can I earn from SEO service?
Almost every business has an online presence nowadays, meaning a website. SEO is the backbone for a website to be seen on Search Engine Results Pages (SERP).
And, all business owners, who have a website, want to be seen on the first page since 67% of clicks go to the first 5 results displayed in search engines (Advanced Web Ranking).
However, we already know that SEO has three divisions. How can you earn from those? What will be your tasks? Let’s figure out.
- On-page SEO: On-page SEO is more of an analysis type. By researching your clients and their competitor’s websites, you help them to rank on the search engines. You can earn from this service by doing the following jobs.
- Keyword research
- Title, meta description optimization
- Researching article length for a specific keyword
- Image text optimization
- Conduct competitive analysis
- Off-page SEO: It’s all about exposing and networking. You can do this by posting articles, having particular website links, on forums, different social media, and other platforms.
One of the best tactics for off-page SEO is guest blogging aka backlinking by which a freelancer can earn from $15-$300+ per order.
Guest blogging means linking clients’ websites to a high ranked article or website which brings traffic from high ranked articles to your clients’ website. As a freelancer, you stay in touch with greater websites for guest posting.
- Technical SEO: As the name suggests, you need some technical knowledge to do this job. In this job, you help your clients to make their websites user-friendly. To provide this service you need to do the following jobs.
- Crawling clients website
- Reviewing sitemap
- Checking internal links
- Testing site speed
- Analyzing and comparing site metrics
- Backlink audit
If you are interested in technical issues of a website or a search engine, you are recommended to go through SEO service thoroughly. According to payscale, the average Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist Salary $45,956/year, pretty lucrative huh?
How Can I earn from SEM service?
SEM is not SEO which means search engine marketing. 65% of small-to-midsize businesses (SMBs) boost their website using PPC campaigns i.e. SEM on search engines like Google, Bing, and so on. They spend $9000 to $10,000 per month on SEM.
You, as a freelancer, have wealth of things to do such as:
- Setting up accounts, like Google Ads for the PPC campaign.
- Researching suitable keywords for the audience.
- Creating ad campaigns and ad groups
- Monitoring ad performance
Note: SEO is a paid strategy and SEM is an organic strategy, which is the main difference between them.
How Can I earn from Content Marketing service?
There are two ways you can earn from freelance content marketing jobs. The first one is link building i.e. guest blogging which we discussed earlier. The second one is researching clients’ websites and their competitors’ websites, and making content strategies accordingly.
Effective content marketing has been recorded to attribute 3x more leads than paid search ads, says HubSpot academy. It is one of the most in-demand skills in 2020.
Well, let’s find out as a freelance content marketer, what you’ll be doing.
- Identify, select, and develop a product
- Select the distribution channel to reach the customer where she is. (guest posting strategy)
- Plan and execute a promotion strategy
- Email marketing (newsletter)
Apart from making plans, a content marketer may write content. Most of the time, a content marketer collaborates with content writers yet they are expected to write sometimes.
Speaking of content writing, if you can generate words and type faster, you may choose a freelancing career in writing. For today, let’s not move on to writing, keep it for another article.
How Can I earn from E-mail Marketing service?
E-mail marketing is not bound to sending some emails to few newsletter subscribers. A freelance email marketer needs both content marketing and copywriting skills.
So, what exactly do you do as a freelance email marketer?
- Setting up email automation software
- Integrating different platform
- Designing template for particular campaign
- Making strategy
- Writing sales copy
- Tracking and analyzing whole campaign
Note: Writing sales copy- client most likely to hire professional copywriter, in this case you collaborate with him and generate a great sales copy
More than half of us even check our email before doing anything else online. (OptinMonster) With that being said, email marketing is not dead, rather it’s beating out social media, SEO, and affiliate marketing in efficiency.
How Can I earn from Social Media Marketing (SMM) service?
Users spend an average of 3 hours per day on social networks and messaging. Can you imagine, how effective it’d be to market a business on social media? Now, imagine, how many opportunities are there waiting for you.
Well, being a social media marketer you are expected to do the following tasks for a business owner.
- Social Media Management- engaging with the audience e.g. commenting on posts.
- Profile Setup & Integration- designing social media profiles e.g. setting up about section, uploading a custom cover photo, etc.
- Social Content- creating and posting content constantly, giving catchy captions.
- Consultation & Audience Research- researching audience and giving a plan (content marketing)
- Analytics & Tracking- promoting social media profile
Now comes the most crucial part- choosing a path. Don’t go hard on yourself as it won’t be fruitful. Ask yourself, from above discussion what caught your interest and which one you can do efficiently.
Here’s the pro tip, don’t spend too much time on deciding. Start working on one, you’ll find a fit for you soon.
Until the next article, Ciao for now!